Convergence clients were big winners in a night that was filled with lots to celebrate. All in all, it was a great election for the cause of political reform, which is one of our guiding lights here at Convergence.
We’re very proud of the work we did for our clients alongside some great consultants and managers. That work included:
- Helping Beverly Powell flip one of the two Texas State Senate seats that changed hands, reclaiming Wendy Davis’ old seat for the Democrats
- Helping elect Greg Stanton to Congress (AZ-09), outperforming the previous incumbent’s 2016 margin of victory and getting 60% of the vote against a candidate who benefited from $1M+ of outside spending
- Working with our longtime friend and client Kate Gallego, who will take an 18-point lead into a March runoff election for Phoenix, AZ Mayor
- Working with the Maine House Democratic Caucus IE to flip five seats from Republican to Democratic control, expanding the Democratic margin in the State House
- Helping elect Steuart Pittman as County Executive and Anne Colt Leitess asState’s Attorney in Anne Arundel County, Maryland, unseating two Republican incumbents who won their 2014 elections by double digits, even as Republican Gov. Larry Hogan won the county by a 70-30 margin
As we set our sights to 2020, the team at Convergence is ready to continue putting in the work to ensure that our country works for everyone.